With a nationwide clearance sale on homes, many people are out there looking for a great deal on residential property. If you’re looking to sell your home, it’s more important than ever that you take steps to make sure your house, town home or condominium outshines all of the others!
We are here to help you identify ways to spruce up your home’s appeal. We know what features interest local area buyers and can give you the inside track on ways to stage your home to sell.
If you’re ready to put your home on the market, don’t spend another minute worrying about what you should or should not do to make it appealing to buyers. Contact us today and we’ll get you started.
Stage your home to sell:
1. Depersonalize your home. This is the hardest part for many sellers. People love to decorate their homes and feel warm and comfortable in their own surroundings. The idea here is to make buyers feel comfortable in imagining their own personal favorites on the walls and open spaces in the home you want to sell. When you stage your home to sell, remove personal photos from the walls.
2. De-junk your home. Clear all visible clutter to make your home look more spacious when you stage your home to sell. Remove all but a few items from visible shelves. If you can’t part with important items that make your house seem cluttered, box them up and store them for placement in your new home! This is an important step to take when you stage your home to sell. Think about renting a storage unit if you have to in order to make your home seem cleaner and brighter.
3. Organize, organize, organize. Sometimes when people tour a potential new home they look inside cupboards and closets. When you stage your home to sell, make it a point to organize storage areas to make a great impression on potential buyers.
4. Eliminate unnecessary furniture. Consider removing a few pieces of furniture when you stage your home to sell. Place them in a storage unit or store it with a friend or family member while you are in the process of showing your home.
5. Fix it! When it’s time to stage your home to sell, it’s time to do some handy work. Small cracks in paint, leaking faucets, broken screen doors, can all have an unconscious (and conscious) negative impact on a potential buyer.
6. Paint. A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for the appeal of your home. When you stage your home to sell, use neutral colors and disregard your own tastes so buyers can imagine their favorite colors in the home.
7. Clean. Scrub those windows, have carpets professionally cleaned, mop the floors and don’t forget the baseboards. When you stage your home to sell, make sure it smells and feels clean.
8. Create curb appeal. The yard is your first chance at making a good impression. Don’t forget the yard when you stage your home to sell. Clean up debris, mow and water lawns, sweep and wash walks and trim bushes. Repair and paint the exterior of your home if necessary.
9. Do a walk through. When you stage your home to sell, do a walk-through. Pretend you’re seeing it for the very first time. Try to see it from an objective perspective. Identify problem areas and fix them or clean them up.
10. Make yourself available to show your home. Once you stage your home to sell, work closely with your realtor to offer the most convenient access possible. Buyers who are interested in your home may want to see it immediately. Make arrangements for someone to show your home when you’re not available.
For more information on buying and selling real estate, or for more tips on how to stage your home to sell, contact us today, we have the experience you need to stage your home to sell.